Saturday, April 27, 2013

CSI case file #69: My red star bike

Hello! Time for another CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration case file #69, and it is a fun one:


I did a double pager this week:

From the evidence items I used: houses, trees, circles, circle graph, ledger paper, stripes and jewels. From the testimony items, I did circle graph journaling. There is a lot more journaling on a paper tucked behind the layout, because I ended up writing a lot.

The layout is all about my son's love for his 'red star bike'. I stamped his name and some stars on the bike with Stazon ink, so that he would know that it is his and it made it even more special. I wrote a long piece of journaling about him picking the bike, absolutely wanting a red one, about the stamping on the bike, learning to stop whey I say 'stop', the bike's home in my boot, tears spilled when it was time to put it away and go inside, etc.

Inspired by the case file inspiration photo, I stamped a wacky village along the base of the layout, using Dyan Reaveley's fun Right up your Street stamps, a star stamp from Wendy Vecchi and small people and tree stamps from Hero Arts. I coloured the houses with watercolour pencils.

Love this die cut from the Charming This & That set, it was inked with Jenni Bowlin Speckled Egg. The label comes from the same set.

The title was stamped with different letter stamps using Nautical Blue Memento and Vermillion Red Archival inks. I also had to use the same star stamp as I used on the bike itself. The cool circles are another Wendy Vecchi stamp.

I love these funny houses. I also added some stamped sentiments here and there.

More houses and a little mushroom.

I had the perfect stamp for a graph and stamped it twice on smooth paper. I cut three slices times two off from the one impression and inked all the three parts with different inks (Jenni Bowlin Speckled Egg, Distress Barn Door and Antique Linen). Journaling was added with letter stickers.

This great sentiment comes from an Ali Edwards set.

The houses and photos were separated by a strip of printed masking tape, a road for the bike photos.

A little happy place.

More stamping. This layout is all about the stamping.

Thank you for looking! Have a great weekend!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Stamps: Ranger Dyan Reaveley Right up your Street, Doolally Dorris; Stamper's Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: She Created Art, Celestial Art; Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Psychedelic Grunge; Hero Arts: Plano ST518, Special Lace CH318, Stepping Stone Alphabet 330055, Oh Snap 331234, Spread Joy 331232, Heyday Sentiments 330053, Be Silly CL635, Hey Y'All 331073, Playful Flower Letters; Simon Says Stamp: Shoot for the Stars; TechniqueTuesday: Favorite Memories by Ali Edwards
Dies: Sizzix: Charming This & That Thinlits
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black, Vermillion; Jenni Bowlin: Speckled Egg; Distress Ink: Barn Door, Antique Linen, Black Soot; Memento: Nautical Blue
Pencils: Derwent Watercolour pencils
Surfaces: BasigGrey Basics ledger paper
Embellishments: 7Gypsies masking tape
Stickers: Kaiserkraft

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious layout... the photos are fabulous, and put a big smile on my face, and I love all the sketchy style images round about - just so much fun!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!