Tuesday, June 25, 2013

12 tags of 2013 June

Hi everyone! Today I am sharing my version of Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2013 June.

12 tags of 2013 June - Layers of ink
I used different colours and stamps than Tim did and added a few extra items to my tag. The blueprint watch was stamped with Archival Jet Black ink on watercolour paper and watercoloured with a mix of Distress Markers and Distress Ink. I found that I got a more vibrant red by using Fired Brick ink rather than the marker, so I used the ink for the red parts. It is so easy to add a shadow with the Pumice Stone marker and I love the little splatters.

I loved Tim's idea of using distress paint, ink and stain together for the background, and used Spun Sugar paint, Fired Brick ink and Barn Door stain. It was stamped with a script stamp. The little hearts were die cut from mat board, inked with Gathered Twigs and Barn Door and coated with Crackle Accents.

A close-up of the clock part. Watercolouring with Distress Ink is one of my favourite technique and I do it a lot, but I have only used the markers for this a few times. I find myself reaching for game spinners often, and a watch centre just seems want game spinners, and a little gear. I placed mini screw brads in the corners of the focal panel.


A number was die cut from mica with the Word Play die and I mixed some label and Chit Chat stickers for the sentiment. A piece of French Industrial patterned paper was layered underneath the focal panel.

Thanks for looking!!

Happy stamping!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:
Surfaces: manila tag; Daler & Rowney watercolour paper; Tim Holtz Idea-ology Collage Mini; US ArtQuest mica
Dies: Sizzix: Word Play, Flower & Heart
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Vintage Things Blueprint, Attic Treasures,
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink Jet Black; Distress Ink: Barn Door, Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap, Gathered Twigs
Marker: Distress Markers: Barn Door, Frayed Burlap, Pumice Stone, Victorian Velvet, Worn Lipstick
Paint: Distress Paint: Spun Sugar
Stain: Distress Stain: Barn Door
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Crinkle Ribbon, Label Stickers, Chit Chat stickers, Game Spinners, Long Fasteners, Mini Fasteners, Mini Gears

7 comments:

  1. Superb version Anna-Karin. Love the additions including the hands to the clock and that mica number. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tag is so special . . . Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your version. Nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the tag, Anna-Karin - just love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous has a nice Steampunk look.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a piece of art! Love the colors & the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! Really love the colors and layers on your TH June tag. -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!