Thursday, November 24, 2016

Safari Art Journal Page Tutorial

Hello friends! Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it! I always thought it sounded that a nice holiday.

I am happy to share a special project on the Darkroom Door blog. It's an art journaling tutorial using one of their new 11.8 in border stamps. The border stamps are perfect for scrapbooking layouts, or, as below, for the large Ranger Dylusions journal. At the same time, they will work just as well for cardmaking and other smaller projects too.

Layers of ink - Safari Art Journal Page Tutorial by Anna-Karin with stamps by Darkroom Door.

I used the Filmstrip Border stamp, which I really like. I have a thing for Filmstrip elements, since it brings my mind back to the pre-digital camera days, and also makes me think of my grandfather’s darkroom. For this project, I paired up the Filmstrip Border with the Wild Africa stamps. This page is dedicated to the rhino, which is seriously threatened by poaching. South Africa has the biggest rhino population in the world, and poaching has increased dramatically, from 13 rhinos in 2007 to 1175 last year. It is very tragic.

You'll find all the steps for how I made this, as well as close-up photos on the Darkroom Door blog.

Happy stamping and thank you for stopping by today!

Anna-Karin

Supplies:



3 comments:

  1. Oh wow what a Great Art Collage. So wonderful composed the landscape with all the nice animals. I love it much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna-Karin, I just love your fabulous take with these awesome stamps. Your cards and journal page are so inspiring. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look and colors. Awesome journal page.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!